Sunday, August 18, 2013

Helper

David has been right here with me in doing projects at our new house. Sometimes he'll go outside and splash in the creek that runs along our property line, or dig in the dirt to chase after bugs.

Then he'll come in and ask, "Mom, do you have a David chore?" so I'll do my best to come up with some contribution he can make to our projects. Like removing face plates or helping me paint.




 Vacuuming up sawdust is a favorite, because he gets to use the "ear muffs" to protect his ears.


The other day David said, "Daddy, do you know that I have just as much fun when I work with you as when I play with you?" I love this age that wants so much to contribute to the work going on around him. David has such a mechanical mind that he wants to know all of the whys and what-fors on each project. So to include him in the work is truly his bowl of cherries.

The other day we spent a day away from the house to run errands and find somewhere to play. We chose gymnastics, and David enjoyed getting out his energy in a big way.


Work hard, Play hard. Two essential ingredients in a successful family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's such a cute little helper!