David has been taking good care of our strawberry plants this summer.
He likes to water the garden, and stop for a red ripe strawberry snack while he plays in the back yard.
I laugh at his progression in using the hose. This is true David curiosity--he'll begin by using something properly, but by the time he finishes, he'll find something new and exciting about it. As he was splashing the water, he said, "Look, mom. A sprinkler!"
David soon found out that "watering David" was almost as much fun as watering the garden.
And watering Daddy was fun, too.
Fair is fair, so David volunteers to give the hose to Daddy so he can return the favor and "water David."
As you can see, this is the best part of the game.
David loves himself some good clean fun.
And where was I through all of this wet fun with freezing cold water?
Well, my camera and I were playing as "base" or "safety."
Now on warm evenings, David asks, "Daddy, can I water you?"
Yes, little gardener. And while you're at it, see if you can keep the hose on the garden long enough to give the strawberry plants a drink, too.
2 comments:
I need me some David! :) He looks all grown up now, Min!
Sam must be watery David a lot because he looks like he is growing up SO much...I still don't think I've met him yet.
Post a Comment