David took part in the local library's reading program this summer. He is very proud of his sign.
The sign means that he's read 1000 minutes (with Mom and Dad's help) in the last 2 months. Way to go, buddy! David is growing more keen on books lately--he'll often sit down with a pile of them and flip through them on his own. He'll tell the story if he knows it, or just look at the pictures if he doesn't.
Here is the Daddy and David duo enjoying a book together after Daddy got home from work one evening:
On another note, David has picked up on the meaning of stop signs. He'll call me out if he sees a stop sign and I didn't stop. I don't have a tendency to run stop signs, so I have to explain to him that the stop sign was for another direction of traffic or for bikes and pedestrians (a small one on a trail next to a road, for instance). David has also picked up on the "triangle stop signs." The rest of us call those yield signs.
No comments:
Post a Comment