Sunday, November 29, 2015

Field Trips

One of the perks of being in some of our home school groups is the field trips different moms will organize for our children.

David got to participate in a tour of Great Harvest, where they learned about bread from seed to baked. Then they got to bake their own little "loaf" and take it home. Best part of this one was the free coupon for a loaf of bread next time we go back to their store. Yummy. I'll take a fresh loaf of holiday bread from someone else's oven.

Another field trip was organized for Papa Murphy's. The owner, Fred, was great with the kids. He kept wowing them with his pizza making skills, and all the machinery made it very exciting. He also shared a lot of facts about pizza--which were probably more impressive to the Moms than they were to the kids.


After the demonstration, Fred let each kid make their own pizza. It was such a great experience. 

Again, we received a coupon for a free pizza to pick up at a later date. Based on Fred's presentation and how he worked with the kids, I would drive across town to his location any time I need pizza. I am happy to return the favor for how well we were treated.

No comments: