Monday, February 23, 2015

Carpet

 We finally had carpet installed in our big family room downstairs!

While we still have a number of things to do to really enjoy the room (finish painting, put in better lighting, change out the blinds, etc.), we really enjoyed the first evening with carpet together.

I think that this swing will become a favorite toy all over again. The room is really dark, but just look at the glee on Alina's face. She was so cute with her squealing and excitement while she got a ride on the swing.



Hoping to get another turn soon.

Big brother came to the rescue. 



Then it was David's turn for the spotlight.

He's learned a thing or two about the swing in the last year, since we hung it up. (Including not to try and cut through the rope. Looks like we need to replace the rope and the bar again.)



We will be so glad when this room is ready for our use. I am definitely ready to reorganize our house to utilize this room. We expected carpet to come in 5 months ago, so I packed up all the toys and games that were down there. After five months, they have slowly been unpacked and now they are scattered into every room of our house, tucked away in corners and such. I will be very happy to have a functioning play room to keep the toys and books contained.

No comments: