Neither of my babies have taken to a pacifier. It was hard for them to hold them in as newborns, and I probably didn't offer them much after they knew how to self soothe. I'm happy to not have to break a pacifier habit, so they've been kind of a non-issue.
Then Alina found this one tucked away in a baby drawer. She puts it in for something to do while we are on the changing table, and she is so amused with the feel of it, she'll giggle behind the binky. I think it's funny, so if she's ever grumpy about getting her diaper changed, I offer the pacifier to her, and compliance ensues.
Often it goes in upside down or sideways. She doesn't seem to mind--she just likes to suck on it. After we change her clothes or diaper, I ask her to put it back in the basket, and she willingly does so with an "ah un" (which is Alina speak for "all done.") Easy come, easy go. That's just the kind of binky use I can smile at.
No comments:
Post a Comment