Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Colorer

It's kind of funny, because I've always wondered why I couldn't get David engaged in coloring. He's never taken to the blank paper and crayons offered him, or paints, or pencils, or anything artsy.

With Kindergarten, he's had to get over that and learning to write is the hardest thing we face each day. I try to disguise it as many ways as I can in getting him to pick up a pencil or crayon or marker, but he's a bright kid and he figures out what the real intent is.

So I was shocked when I offered Alina some crayons and paper, and she doesn't want to put them down. Her attention span lasts only about 5-10 minutes with it, but she loves it! She loves to hold them, to see the colors appear, to press lightly then hard.

I think it's funny that both of my kids are picking up on coloring at the same time. It makes for some fun together time at the kitchen table!

No comments: