Just like every other little boy, sometimes David is more willing than others to do his chores.
But when he sets his mind to it, this boy knows how to work! He is good at doing chores once he gets into a rhythm.
Each day, David unloads the dishwasher and does one other chore that I assign him. I love having him do these details that make a difference in our home, such as cleaning out the microwave or vacuuming the stairs. When they are on my to-do list, it seems they take forever to get to. I love having David's help in checking off some of these chores that help make our home a better place.
For a while there, David was really fighting his chore of unloading his dishwasher. He didn't want to do it, and he would drag it out for sometimes hours before it was completed. That was challenging to all of us--it's so much nicer when we can finish our chores, then choose other, more fun ways to spend our time! One day he found that Alina was happy to help him. While he had the chance, he would direct here to pick something out of the dishwasher and hand it to him. Alina was so eager to be part of this daily routine that David finished his chore in just a few minutes! It was such a nice reprieve from the dragging out that was happening time and time again.
I'm a firm believer in the value of teaching my children to happily work together. I love it when they happily interact on their own like this!
On another note, Alina is a Tidy Heidi. She loves to pick up a rag, or a scrub brush and mimick whatever I am doing. She also loves to put things away. For a while, I kept finding soiled bibs in the drawer with all the clean bibs. It took me a while to realize that our little girl was returning her bib to the drawer after she used it. You and me, baby girl, are going to get along famously!
No comments:
Post a Comment