August 6
Like any modern mother, I offered Alina sippy cups. She couldn't get the hang of them, no matter what type I gave her. So finally I thought, "Well Grandma Ray didn't give her kids sippy cups. She just taught them to use regular cups." I handed Alina a regular cup, and she's never looked back. She loves drinking out of a big girl cup. She loves drinking water. It made her a soggy mess to clean up for a while, but it also helped to wash off the mess that came with her learning to self-feed with a spoon.
You can't see it, but in this picture she is just looking at the water and giggling. She was so pleased with herself to be able to get the water to her mouth that she would get distracted with her feeling of satisfaction, and just giggle with the cup up to her mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment