David has been a real trooper in working with me around the house in recent weeks. So one day I gave him 2 chores to complete, then told him that chore #3 was to go get his swimming suit on.
This boy holds nothing back when he feels excited about something! He offers wonderful compliments, he tells everyone that he loves them and gives sweet hugs, and he's quick to obey. When he feels so happy, I can see his best self emerge, and I love it!
We ended up going to tot time at the local indoor water park. The first time he came out in his swimming suit, this is what he looked like:
Once I convinced him (ahem, we're not leaving until . . .) to put his clothes over his swimming suit, this is what we had:
David often carries the diaper bag for me over his shoulder like that. I am so grateful for a boy that loves to show his mama how strong his is all the time!
(And about that half-painted green wall over our door and window--we can't decide if we like the green or not, so we haven't bothered getting up there with a ladder to finish the job. Any thoughts? Should we keep it, or paint it off-white, or paint it the gray in the rest of the upstairs (see the half wall)? We already have a pretty blue accent wall in our main living area. In the summer light, this green is overkill. In the winter darkness, it is just right. Any thoughts?)
1 comment:
I may be biased because we have a room that's a similar shade, but I vote for color. It always adds character and warmth and FUN! :)
Post a Comment