Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Swaddled

I  love to know my tiny baby is in a wearable blanket. She's snug and warm without kicking anything off herself through the night. It's even better when it has "wings" to swaddle her once the blanket is on.
She's stiff enough in this thing to hold her back up straight without the muscle tone developed yet. She doesn't seem to mind it. When I hold her up by her swaddled sides, the blanket pushes up on her cheeks and her eyes look side to side, as if wondering what I could possibly want next. But she doesn't protest, so I swaddle her up and put her to bed with lots of kisses and promises to see her soon. When she's warm through the night, we both sleep better.

Alina is growing into sleeping through the night without any effort on my part. She'll surprise me 3 or sometimes 4 nights a week with a full night's rest--so I have to think it's only going to get better from here. Yes, we have a  nearly perfect baby. In fact, she only has one apparent weakness. I'll touch on that in a later post this week.

No comments: