Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Smart" Phone

David thinks my phone is smart. Which is absolutely hilarious if you know how non-techy I am. In fact, I have just started texting in the last 2 months. Aren't you proud of me? I've jumped on the bandwagon of texting, whereas I remember my close friends beginning to learn that art a full decade ago.

But David is convinced I have a smart phone. With games on it. He asks, "Mom, can I play the 3+2 game?" To which I reply, "Of course!" I open my cell phone, find the calculator, and hand it over to my eager mathematician of a 4-year old. He gets to punch numbers, and find out the deep dark secrets of the universe such as what 3+2 equals. He loves that game. 

So you can imagine his pure delight when David went diving into our glove compartment in our car and found an ooooooo-lllllld cell phone we kept there for emergency purposes. Lucky for him, the cord was with it. He brought it in and figured out how to turn it on. For the next hour, it beeped at him with a "low battery" warning. He got so excited at those beeps, and would jump up and down an say, "Someone is testing me mom! I'm getting tests!"

I was entertained for a few hours with his enthusiasm. When the phone died, I showed his nearly broken heart how to plug it in, and assured him all was not lost--the phone would be back on soon.

When it came back on, David found something even better than all the "tests" he thought he had been getting. He found the camera. And he turned into quite the cell phone photographer. Too bad he couldn't figure out how to save any of those pictures--I bet we would have had some pretty entertaining subjects from David's view.


Thanks for keeping me laughing, David!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Give me his number, and I'll have to "test" him. haha that's cute.