I don't think I've mentioned that our property line has a small creek running through it. It is an absolute wonderland for a boy--and the size of it is perfect for this Mom. It's only about 4 inches deep and 12 inches across--which gives a little room to splash, but not enough water to make me nervous.
I caught David enjoying the creek on one of our last sunny fall days, no doubt. It was a gorgeous 50 degrees with fall in the air, and I was so glad my boy was outdoors to soak it all up.
Here's the creek running along our property line, as I can see it from our deck.
A close-up shows that a little boy is doing his exploring with the perfect stick and red rubber boots as his companions.
This next photo was taken in the first 2 weeks we lived in this home--we were still working on the floor, so my couch (in the foreground) was draped with a tarp on the deck and we didn't have an indoor table yet. These chairs were our only place to sit down to take a break, and we were so grateful that someone gave us this patio furniture set as a house warming gift just as we moved in.
Notice how David's hood is up--so it was probably raining a bit--but his
ears are not tucked in to his hood. Oh no, this boy experiences the
world through his ears, so they are kept out and available for every
sound that he can soak up. I asked him what he was doing out there. "Oh, I'm just listening to the song of the bird and the music of the creek."
No comments:
Post a Comment