Sunday, October 14, 2012

Davidisms--October 14

  • Here Mom,  let me show you how to fish. You put the pole in the water like this, then you get your big shark, you bring it out of the water like this and then you give it to your mom so she can take care of it. (Eeek! Don't bring home a shark, buddy!)
  • After a morning of paint projects at the house, David was going to his friend's house to play. Here's the conversation on the way over. D: Mom, I want to walk up to the door by myself today. Me: Oh, are you big enough  now to go to the door by yourself? D: Yes, I'm a big boy. But really I don't want my friends to see the paint on your pants.  Definitely his father's son! ;)
  • As we approached the car after being inside of a store, David put himself between me and the keyhole. He folded his arms across his chest and said, "I need to talk to you for a minute about what just happened in there, Mom." I was a little humored by such a stance, and tried to hide my smile. "I don't appreciate it that you didn't buy me a treat." I was trying to suppress a laugh. "I hope next time you'll make a different choice." Now I was all-out laughing, and David tried to continue his lecture but was getting frustrated with his inattentive and not-serious subject. After a few minutes, he finally laughed with me and I was allowed to access the car door.
  • D: "Hey everyone, look at me! I'm Spider Man! I can climb walls!" THUD. In a sweet but disappointed voice he continued, "Ohh-hh, I'm not Spider Man. I'm just David."
  • David has some little friends who are twins. He can't figure out what to call them or how to keep them straight. First it was "Hey, little boy!" Then it was "Darius" and "Another Darius." Most recentlly he's gone back to "Hi Twin!"
Editor's note--The camera has been banged up a bit, and only about 1 in 20 pictures turns out right now. Of course they don't turn out when I am trying to capture a moment. Sorry about all of the picture-less posts--I hope to repair the camera soon. The pressure is on with the holidays coming--so sooner rather than later is my goal.

4 comments:

Ioana said...

This is just precious!!!

Monica said...

Love love love that you are documenting his David-isms...he is so stinkin smart! Miss you guys so much. Little David isn't as little anymore. So much personality for such a little body:) Love you!

Roxie said...

Dear Carmin, your pictureless posts are perfect! They make me laugh out loud!! I just love your little guy!

Brianna said...

Carmin, this post was cracking us up! He is growing up sooooo quickly (as if you didn't know that). Keep the Davidisms coming!