The most memorable part of the
reception (for our family, anyway) was the dance party. Specifically the
way two little pint-sized dancers partied. I'll let the pictures tell
the story.
David also had a fascination with the boom of the loud speakers, so
several times he made his way over to the speakers and put his ear directly on
them. Of course I didn't want to encourage this behavior, but I couldn't
help but discreetly capture it. (David is hiding behind Bella with his
head on the speaker.)
Yes, there were other people on the dance floor, why do you ask?
Here are a few of the people we knew.
Mom and Dad, with family friends, the Hollingsheads, right behind them.
Funny story. As we left Anchorage, I grabbed a wedding card from my card box to attach to our gift for the newlyweds. When I was wrapping the gift in Pennsylvania, I pulled out the card to write our wishes on it--and lo and behold, it was the card that the Hollingsheads gave us for our wedding. Who knew that I kept a wedding card around for 6 1/2 years? Not me--but it gave me a good chuckle, especially when they walked in for another wedding celebration.
Uncle Richard and Aunt Lisa
David got to dance with the bride. When we were standing in line to wait our turn, David asked why we were waiting. "David! You get to dance with the bride."
A pause, then he said, "Ohhhh, I like brides!"
Mom and Dad, with family friends, the Hollingsheads, right behind them.
Funny story. As we left Anchorage, I grabbed a wedding card from my card box to attach to our gift for the newlyweds. When I was wrapping the gift in Pennsylvania, I pulled out the card to write our wishes on it--and lo and behold, it was the card that the Hollingsheads gave us for our wedding. Who knew that I kept a wedding card around for 6 1/2 years? Not me--but it gave me a good chuckle, especially when they walked in for another wedding celebration.
Uncle Richard and Aunt Lisa
A pause, then he said, "Ohhhh, I like brides!"
No comments:
Post a Comment