No pictures this week, but a few choice conversations to record:
Me: David, when we feel sorry, we first use words to say it then we need to pay the consequence for our mistake.
David: Well then I'm not sorry any more.
~~~~~~~~~~
In the car, David asks for the "hanitizing" lotion. I think that the new name should go global.
~~~~~~~~~~
We are now doing the Accountable Kids program with David--and he earns a ticket for privileges if he finishes all of his chore cards in a morning. On one sunny day, he had a ticket burning a hole in his pocket, and here was part of our conversation about it:
Me: Are you sure that you want to go to Bouncin' Bears? Maybe we should go to the park because it's sunny outside today.
David: No, I want to go to Bouncin Bears because it helps me remember not to hit. If I go to the park, I'll just start hitting all the kids.
~~~~~~~~~~
How does a 3-year old learn to play it cool? He's bursting with excitement inside, and in the same instant acts dramatic and nonchalant while swinging his arms in front of him and says, "Weeeellllp."
~~~~~~~~~~
Our laptop has taken a significant beating in the last 2 1/2 years while David has been learning self-discipline and impulse control. Currently we are missing all 4 arrow keys, the space bar, F11, semi-colon, period, C, D and M. Don't you hate it when you have to type on the tiny rubber buttons that are underneath the keys? What? You've never had to do that? Hmmmm. Apparently keys are easy and fun to pop off, and nearly impossible to get back onto a laptop--not even HP repair will do it. Anyway, I thought we were past the stage of trying to play Scrabble with the computer keys, but apparently David wanted one last key-popping experience.
Me: David! The D key is missing. Where did it go?
David: (showing me the key in his hand) Right here.
Me: David, you know better than . . .
David: But Mom, I also got the M for Mommy!
~~~~~~~~~~
When David doesn't want to answer a question for any reason, he puts on a serious face, looks me straight in the eye with his eyes big as saucers, uses his deep voice, and says, "I have no idea."
Me: David! The D key is missing. Where did it go?
David: (showing me the key in his hand) Right here.
Me: David, you know better than . . .
David: But Mom, I also got the M for Mommy!
~~~~~~~~~~
When David doesn't want to answer a question for any reason, he puts on a serious face, looks me straight in the eye with his eyes big as saucers, uses his deep voice, and says, "I have no idea."
1 comment:
What is the Accountable Kids program? Sounds like we could use something of that sort around here too...
Post a Comment