Sunday, October 30, 2011

On Our Way to Grammy's House

After much anticipation, we were headed to the airport to fly on an airplane. David was excited for several days to fly, and I dare say that the whole experience did not disappoint! David and I flew to Seattle, then on to Boise. He was a good little traveler, and for the most part stayed entertained by the excitement of being on a plane.
And just for the record, these sugar dots were great entertainment on the plane. Not a ton of sugar, but still fun and they took some time to eat!
David fell asleep for the last 25 minutes before we landed in Seattle.
We had a long layover in Seattle, and a real treat waiting for us.
Our birth mother's parents took half a day off of work and drove a couple of hours to come see us. We went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, and had such a great visit! (AP, our birthmother, recently moved across the country with her new husband. We missed seeing her, but so glad to see her parents!)
J was good at keeping David entertained with spinning quarters and ice cubes. T pulled out her camera and caught David buttering his own bread with his knife. I loved being with you, J and T! So did David! Thank you for making the effort and all the arrangements to give us a break from the airport scene. We love you!
 Once we finally landed in Boise, we rented a car and made our way over to a cousin's home in Eagle, ID. Shera perfectly pleased my little boy that had to keep still for so many hours in airplanes and airports. As soon as we arrived at her home (at 10 pm) she asked David if he wanted to jump on the trampoline in the dark. Oh boy, did he ever! His excitement lit up the sky as he went back and forth between chasing the cat and jumping. After I finally got David settled in to bed, Shera and I stayed up chatting like we were school girls. It was 3:15 before we broke up the party--although I could have pulled an all-nighter without regret if I didn't have to drive by myself the next day. Oh, Shera Mae! All of that catching up was sugar to my soul!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I vote you stay longer in Seattle next time! I hope Easton and David can meet each other some day.