Sunday, May 15, 2011

Swimming

All through the winter months, David and I have enjoyed twice weekly outings to the local water park.
I go there to do some water jogging (they open up the lazy river--9 laps is a mile) and David comes along for the ride. He has charmed the other swimmers, most of them older ladies. He has tried to charm the grumpy life guards, but I don't think they are morning people. We're still working on that one--I'm sure he can wear them down eventually. The older ladies that fall for his charm like to surprise David with small gifts. One of them gave him the duck he is holding--it has a football helmet and it squirts water out the beak. Another lady occasionally brings David a plate of cookies to take home. All of the swimmers know our names as David and David's mom.
I sure love this little boy and all the fun outings we get to enjoy every week!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Older aquaintances are the BEST when gma and gpa aren't around!