Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Festivities

This year we celebrated Halloween on the Saturday before, because of the 31st landing on Sunday.
David and I began our day by making cupcakes for the cake walk at the Halloween Carnival that night.
I really didn't think David would be interested in licking the beaters because he doesn't seem to have much of a sweet tooth. Clearly I was mistaken--and David definitely approved of the chocolate batter.
  After we were done with our own baking, I took our little monkey to Great Harvest Bread for their annual Halloween Fest. Each child was given the opportunity to decorate a cookie or make a bug bread--and then (and this is the best part)--each child was given a coupon to come back and get a free loaf of bread.
 Here is David's finished product (with a little help from Mom).
 He really liked his "bud."
 And here is the setup at Great Harvest--they turned their usual baking kitchen into workspace for hundreds of children in a 2-hour period.
Smurfette is our friend Kirsten, and her husband was dressed as Papa Smurf. (She works at Great Harvest Bread here in town.) Jessica is on the right, and her entire family of eight was dressed as characters from Harry Potter--with amazing handmade costumes that she created! She inspires me to want to create family themes around costumes in the future.

No comments: