We took David to our Ward's Halloween Carnival on the Saturday before Halloween. We enjoyed hot dogs, a cake walk (David didn't quite know how to choose just one number when the music stopped) and watching everyone else trick or treat. This year I didn't give David a trick or treat bag--simply because he seems more than a little indifferent to candy and I didn't want it around our house. It's true, we were the ones to take pretzels for our "treat." I know some people would want me strung up for such an idea--but hey, it worked out! At one point, someone gave David a dum dum sucker. That lasted about 12 seconds, then he wanted to find the "trash" to throw it away. I'm not going to push a sweet tooth on my son, so we obliged, and that was the end of the candy for the night.
In fact, on our way home we went to the store to pick up a few things to make milkshakes with friends the next night. As I sat in the candy aisle choosing a candy bar to mix in, I saw the irony, "Who does this? Who leaves a Halloween Party and goes straight to the store to buy candy?" It seems that we were very successful in meeting my goal to not bring home extra sugar on Halloween.
Apparently we wore our monkey out by the end of the night, because as soon as we stopped to chat with frends, he found Brother Nye to cuddle up to. I think they both enjoyed it.
This skeleton went from scary
. . . to curious
. . . to downright silly in the end.
And just for the record, David loved his monkey suit long after the festivities were over.
Here's what I found one morning after I came home from my early morning workout:
That's our monkey!

No comments:
Post a Comment