Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our Cutie

Just a few random shots I pulled from our camera.
The dandelions in this picture remind me of two things. One is that I need to put weed and feed on the lawn. The other is to tell you about how it has only been recently that dandelions have made their way to Alaska (just a couple of decades ago, there weren't any--from what the locals tell me). Now that they are here, they are making themselves right at home. The land of the midnight sun grows some very tall dandelions. My goal this summer is to find one dandelion that is as tall as David. I already saw one, but it was another little boy's treasure, and I didn't want to steal the thunder. So we're on a quest for another 30 inch dandelion. Prepare to be amazed--I was amazed the first time I saw such a tall one.

2 comments:

Kara said...

What?! not all areas grow such stellar dandelions? i had no idea. :-)

love David in the dress shirt, great pictures!

Logan and Tanya said...

Yay for a new camera! Boo for dandelions finding their way! ;)