This first one is at the airport the morning we flew out. The Anchorage airport is a ghost town during the daytime hours. 75% of the flights come in and take off overnight so the planes can be positioned for the beginning of the business day in the "lower 48." Our flight out was the first time we were at the airport during the day--9:30 am, to be precise. (You can see the ghost town this airport is at that time of day.) In the far distance, the two shadows are my two boys, playing together in hopes of getting some wiggles out before our 4 hour flight to Seattle.
While we waited to board our flight, Daddy took David to run up and down the empty terminal. He taught him to spread his "wings" and run every time someone called out "airplane arms." Here is a better picture of both of the boys "in flight"--David makes his wings more true to life sometimes and puts them at an angle behind him, just like real jet airplane wings.
Being silly together in the Aquarium:
Getting a ride in the tire swing in Grandma & Grandpa's backyard:
A trip to Cabellas, where David got to watch Daddy practice target shooting and see LOTS of animals.
Getting a ride on the rocking horse:
And soaking up the wonderful spring weather out on the trampoline:
I'm sure Sam didn't get the kind of break I got while I was away on a retreat. I know his responsibilities were a lot more work than my carefree week--but I suspect he may have had as much fun as I had! (almost)
4 comments:
It's too bad I missed you when you were in Seattle, but it sounds like you were really just in & out pretty quickly. Maybe next time you pass through we can get our little boys togethe. Numai bine!
He is so cute! I especially love the bird poop on the tire swing. Brings back memories of my childhood. I love baby-daddy moments,
hi Carmin! I love all of the pictures and stories you post about David and Alaska. David is so adorable! I am glad you got to enjoy a little bit of Spring weather on your trip and not just Alaska "breakup".
David looks like he had a great time. I would too, I love you Utah this time of year! It is nice that you were able to take a little trip with your sisters. Probably a must needed break from routine for the both of you. :)
Post a Comment