A shiny new laptop. And we are oh, so excited. Now we can stay connected to family and friends again--without being regular patrons of the public library. In fact, that last effort (at the library) became rather silly to try once David found his squealing voice. I got many many stares any time he felt ignored--which was every time I turned back to the computer screen. I finally put him under the desk part where I was sitting in hopes of muffling the sound a little. He was quiet for a few minutes, then I felt all kinds of jerking around on the mouse cord. He was doing the victory dance reserved for finding the jackpot of all cords. Since then, we have not made any more trips to find the internet at the library.
However, I will have to say that during the 3 weeks of going to the library as our routine, David became the poster child for the local news station. Cutting budget is a hot issue right now, and the mayor is in a fight with the assembly about cutting services at the library. And just to really make their point, the local news found David chewing on his fingers while he sat in his stroller--which makes the story cute enough to win over even the coldest of hearts. Slanted reporting at its finest, and somehow David is the poster child.
We have to agree that they found the cutest face in town to make their point. And next time we find a link to one of the many videos, we'll be sure to share it with you.
And just to state the obvious--you'll notice that I have filled in the gap between blog posts since our last library excursion. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on your new arrival! I would love to see the videos of David as the poster child! Please pass them along as soon as you find them!!
a celebrity, and at such a young age... :-)
Ditto to Roxie...we wanna see our movie-star cousin!
SO relating to your library experiences! Been there, done that! Congrats on the new toy, and please do link to some videos when you can - I had no idea your kiddo was famous!
Post a Comment