Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finally, Solids

At the tail end of our trip to Ohio, I saw David's Pappy tease him with a milk shake--and for the first time, David wasn't afraid of the spoon. He actually wanted to chomp down on it. So I knew it was time to try solid foods again.


Success!




Mmmm-mmmm. Good.

As a side note, David is toothless, still. His toothless grin melts my heart every time, and I can't get enough of his gums acting like teeth. Especially now that he is eating from a spoon, it is entertaining to watch him "chew" the mush. I have a feeling that we will be serving up mush at our house for a long time to come. Teeth don't seem to be anywhere in sight in his little mouth. But he's been chewing on everything and drooling for the last 3 months now. We can always hope.

3 comments:

Dionne said...

Very cute Carmin!

Monica said...

Treasure that toothless grin, because they look so grown up once they start getting the teeth. But, my guy became a toddler once he had top and bottom teeth, so no more chomping with little gums...

Tara said...

Neither of mine had teeth until more than a year (Cache was 19 months!) so it could still be awhile... enjoy his darling grin!