Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Barrel Roll

David's first time to roll over was the day he turned 4 months old. Four times in a row, he rolled back to front and front to back. I'm sure it helped that he had a cheering audience, as I had some friends over at the time. He didn't bother with his new trick for another three weeks. I guess he was just content to know he could do it?

At the beginning of July, David again began to roll over. Often, he would get stuck with an arm in the way or not finding enough momentum in his legs.

But now it's a whole new ball game at our house. He rolls from one corner of the room to the other faster than I can keep track. I will turn my head for only a moment, and come back to David in a new spot--a new side of the room, even. He finds the corner with the computer cords, with magazines (yes, I still need to babyproof!) or he finds the wall that won't let him roll over any further. But he has yet to roll over to the corner with his toys in it. Granted, many of his toys are strewn around the room while he is playing on the floor--but why can't he find the one destination where mom and baby are both happy with his activity choice? This week has been my crash course on why I need to babyproof everything. I can only imagine what it will be like once he starts pulling himself up and learning to open doors. Here comes parenthood with a mobile baby!

3 comments:

Ariane said...

It's like your own little "Hide and Seek" game. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Good luck next week Carmen!! We are so excited for you... What a wonderful blessing. IT was so much fun to see Dionne last week in Boston. :) We'll be thinking of you and your exciting adventure ahead.

JacksonFamily said...

Our babies both became mobil at the same time! David's almost one right?