
Our Inside Garden is ready to turn into a big pot of spaghetti sauce. I don't think the seed pods came properly labled, so the spaghetti sauce will be especially yummy if I can decipher which are the mint leaves to leave out. The other herbs you see are basil, dill, oregano, and thyme. I guess we have to throw chives in there too--but only three stems came up. It has been fun to grow on our kitchen counter, and will be a great addition to our dark winter (when daylight patterns reverse in 6 months).

But in the meantime, we have a wonderful outdoor garden. We have lots of blossoms on our strawberry plants, and the sweet peas are doing
great for only being the end of May. We will plant potatoes in the soil and we have pots for green onions, tomatoes and cauliflower. We are optimistic that this summer will be warmer than last summer--so we hope for a good harvest.
3 comments:
Aren't gardens so fun and rewarding feeling? I am doing my first one this year, it's big and I am really really crossing my fingers. Yours looks great!
Your thumb is looking pretty green!
;)
Hmmm, spaghetti sauce with mint might not be bad...try it and let me know how it is. Maybe it's a secret ingredient! I'm excited for your gardens.
Post a Comment