It is 4:15 pm, and the sun has been down for 33 minutes now. Daylight just ended for the shortest day of the year--an unavoidable tidbit here in the arctic north! This year it didn't seem quite as dark as last year, because the early snow on the ground reflected the light. But now we are counting back up to the 20 hours of daylight that June promises. That is reason for celebration! If you have an idea for a winter and summer solstice tradition that we could do, please share!
In the meantime, I'll go turn on our "happy light" and take a vitamin D pill. And if that doesn't work, I'll give in to the vitamin deficiency and just curl up for a long winter's nap.
1 comment:
Whoah that sounds cold and dark! But the scenery looks amazing. I don't know what winter solstice traditions you could do. Just turn on the fire place and snuggle up. It is cold here in Texas today, so I can only imagine what it would like there--burrr, burrr.
Anyway we have so much catching up to do, my first question (in my one of many) What brings you to Alsaka?
Post a Comment