Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Highlight, Lowlight

The lowlight of our trip to Hawaii was that on the 3rd day we were there, David removed his 50 spf shirt while we were at the beach. Because he kept his life jacket on, my eyes didn't see the missing shirt until we were cleaning up and I found it on our sandy blanket. I don't think he'll be doing that again. This burn was scary. I felt blessed to feel confident using essential oils when nothing else was relieving the pain. The picture on the left was Day 3 of the burn, and nothing was helping (we tried solarcane, aloe vera and tylenol). On day 5, I began spraying water mixed with lavendar, melaleuca, frankincense and a bit of helichrysum. On day 12, before we boarded the plane, I took a picture and this 2nd degree burn had not only completely vanished, there were not any  marks on his skin to show that he had been through such a painful experience. Over the last 4 years, I have increasingly used essential oils to promote healing within our family, and for these few days, I felt so grateful to be empowered with something to offer relief to my boy. 


The highlight of David's trip was getting this ukelele at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. He had saved up money for a ukelele before we arrived in Hawaii, then Pappy found a good deal and helped David with the last few dollars so he could get a nicer one. His cousin Evelyn also took one home, and I really enjoyed listening to the two budding musicians figure things out on their new ukes.

No comments: