Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Favorite Things: Alina

 Just a few favorites of the resident little girl at our house:

Ice cream.

Stories (said Sto-weee)--and sunshine on the deck.

Alina has so far liked her story time for herself. She rarely sits on my lap to listen to a book read aloud to her. If she has a book in her hand, she likes her own space and she wants to read it her own way.

Sometimes she'll retell the sto-wee in her own jibber jabber words, but usually she just quietly looks at a book then puts it down.


She beat me to the strawberries when I was making jam. 
Oh, how this girl loves berries and fruit!!

At least she was kind enough to sort some of them in to bowls, 
and not dump all of them on the floor.

Those yellow boots. I am so grateful for them. She is fond of them as well.

This girl loves to color. I can set her up to the table while I prepare dinner, and she happily colors. It used to be monochromatic. Now she has moved on to a color burst of every crayon in her bucket. David has never taken notice that there is more than one shade of blue or green to choose from. I think I'm going to be keeping up with this girl's art by purchasing the bigger box of crayons so she can discover all those beautiful colors!

No comments: