Sunday, October 19, 2014

David's Part

Generally speaking, children are not allowed to go inside the temple until they are 12 years old. The only exception to this rule is if you have a sibling being sealed to your family.

David anticipated our temple sealing in a way that I could tell he understood its importance. As we prepared to enter the temple together, I heard David include three specific blessings in his personal prayers. He prayed, "Please help me when we go to the temple that I will know what to do. Please help me to have good feelings, and please help me to remember." This was truly from his heart, as these things were not things I prompted him to ask in his prayers--he just knew that this is what he wanted out of his temple experience.


In the temple, David was particularly mature. He seemed to reverently take everything in. He quietly looked around, and I could see that he was relishing his moments inside the temple.


I am so grateful that David had this experience at an age where he will remember it. I don't know how much he will remember, but I know he will have some recollection--particularly because he prayed for this blessing. I hope he remembers his feelings surrounding this unique experience. 

After the sealing, David changed his prayer to ask, "Please help me to return to the temple when I turn 12."

I was so pleased to hear him pray for this desire of his heart. 
I know his Father in Heaven was pleased as well.

No comments: