Sunday, February 9, 2014

Feeling Good

I love my helper.
On the days that we start out by working together, David is his most agreeable and happy self.
His contributions to our home help him to feel good about himself, and (most imporantly!) feel good about his family members, too. Maybe it's because it's just the two of us on chore duty each day, but for some reason he doesn't have a set of things he does every day. (Well, I guess he unloads the dishwasher daily, and helps me load it at night. But that's all I can think of for consistency in chores. He also has responsibility for doing his personal grooming, making bed, etc. So I guess I'm just talking about the overall upkeep of the house.) His chores vary widely from day to day. We play a game where he comes to me and says, "Mom, what's next?" I'll give him the next task, and he'll run off to go complete it. Usually he is happy, willing and focused during our game. The last task I give him is always, "Last, I need you to give your mom a hug!" And he does that with a big smile.
On this particular day, he was tasked with washing out the trash cans. 
His idea of fun was to climb in and get the job done right.

No comments: