Monday, February 24, 2014

Davidisms--February, 2014

It has been a while since I've captured a few Davidisms, but they still come up on a regular basis. Let me see if I can rack my brain for some of his funniest moments.

  • David was more than thrilled when Daddy invited him to go to some meetings with him yesterday afternoon. With Daddy as the Bishop, we often watch him leave to his "meetings" and David has been begging to tag along sometime. Yesterday Sam had some visiting to do, so he took his little companion with him. When they came home, David stayed in the car, crying his eyes out as a disappointed soul. The grievance he had? "But I wanted to go to a meeting and sit down! We just went on visits!" After we calmed him down, I made a promise to David: When he is a missionary, he gets to have as many sit-down meeting as his little heart desires. He dried his eyes and grinned from ear to ear at that thought. I'm confident that promise will be fulfilled in its entirety.
  • David and I play the alphabet game as we drive around town. We were on V, and I made it a point to tell David that we were looking for a letter in his name. I said, "V, as in daVid. Hey, should we call you Vid?" To which he immediately replied, "Sounds good, Om."
  • Sometimes I'll ask David if Alina is asleep in her carseat. One time, here was the exchange: Mom--David, is Alina asleep? David--No. She's just back here being a quiet duck. Mom--Oh. Are you a quiet duck? David--No way. One quiet duck in the family is eeeeeeeeeeeeee-nough! (using his finger for emphasis).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'll help you remember a David-ism. Four words: "Floor of the world."