We had our annual party of pulling out lots of sugar and gluing it down with frosting. It's nice when friends will join us for our various traditions, and we enjoyed the Middletons' company for this activity.
David didn't need to be told twice what to do with the frosting and the candy. His "design" was nearly done before he looked up to see what everyone else was doing. Of course he got a few more ideas by watching others, so he just kept adding on to his. Somehow he was so anxious to get things glued down that he didn't stop to unwrap those candy canes. He put them on, plastic and all.
I stuck to my annual train construction. However, for others I put together graham cracker houses, and used burnt sugar as the glue. Luckily I didn't get any burns while doing it, because I hear that's the only downfall of this particular method. I would have to agree that the houses remained sturdy, and it was nice to have them glued up before the activity began so we could get on to the fun part of decorating with candy.
Just for the record, we used off-brand graham crackers because we had them in our cupboard and we didn't care for the taste. However, they were all bowed, so it wasn't as easy as it would have been with flat crackers. Thankfully the burnt sugar glue was strong enough that the cracked crackers went back together with just a little more character than if they didn't have cracks in the walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment