David wore a superhero cape with the cool mask (that arrived in the mail in the nick of time) to a party we attended at the Lemmons' house. At one point, I saw David licking the front of this mask. I asked him why, and he said, "To make it shinier!" Oh, of course! Why didn't I think of that!?!
Then he dressed up Daddy in the costume they labeled as "The Caped Crusader." I think this was one of David's favorite moments of dress up.
At preschool the kids went trick or treating to the rest of the building. Preschool is at a career development center run by the school district, so after trick or treating David had tales of the people in his building who are learning to change their own oil. Thank you to all of the high schoolers and educators who made the trick or treating so much fun to the gaggle of tiny trick or treaters. Our fireman was especially happy with his loot.
I was getting a kick out of how hard David was trying to blow up this balloon, found in his trick or treat bag. He was blue in the face as he tried it over and over.
And he really surprised himself when he finally prevailed!
That evening, we went to the church parking lot for a trunk or treat.
Three wards combined for the event, and this time the Samoan ward was in charge of providing the hot chocolate. In true Island fashion, they served up cocoa rice--which someone described as "horchata, but chocolate." It made for a hearty and warm drink, that's for sure!
For the trunk or treat, Alina was dressed up . . . warm. This year was in the 40's, so about 35 degrees warmer than last year, but still quite cold for our little bundle. I captured her in a little costume when I thought the hat was getting too small, about a month ago.
Isn't she sweet?
No comments:
Post a Comment