Sunday, October 13, 2013

This is not a yawn

No, this is a typical Alina face. It's how she first starts asking for a bottle. It's the face she gives me when I lay her down for a nap, and she has bright eyes staring back up at me. She opens and closes her mouth as a way of saying, "But Mom, couldn't we be doing something more interesting, instead?" Or she makes this face when I am trying to coax a smile out of her, and she seems to say, "I know you're trying to get me to do a trick, but why don't we just enjoy each other's company instead?"
It's kind of her version of supercalifragilisticsexpialidocious. It's what she does when she doesn't know what else to do.

(Sorry about the blur, but it's hard to hold a wobbly baby and take a picture at the same time--especially when my lens isn't focusing on the close-up baby. I still wanted to capture this face.)

No comments: