I am amazed at the change that happened overnight in Alina on the day she turned 1 month old. She went from a baby who was content to just be present with us in the family to wanting to have a presence. Suddenly she wants to engage her eyes with ours while she eats, she's beginning to coo in short little sounds, and she definitely prefers to be held. If she is in her swing and we are in the kitchen, she would please like her swing moved over near us. Pretty please.
I'm starting to introduce her to tummy time, and play time on her little mat. While she is content when she does it, she prefers social interaction to toys right now. Her little soul is all about connections with those she loves, and I know how important it is that we let her develop those connections as often as she wants.
So that's why we had 2 baskets of laundry waiting to be folded the other day in the living room when we had drop-by visitors. And that's why my basement is storage for unpacked boxes (I really need to find my Children's Songbook since I'm primary chorister, but it hasn't turned up yet.). Oh, and those pictures I want to hang on the wall? They're still resting at the bottom of the wall, waiting their turn. I manage to make meals for my family, and on most days I clean up the kitchen after I do that. And we get laundry clean, then fold it just in time to return it to our empty drawers. But for most things, I'm cuddling my baby, reading to my boy, and really basking in this time of transition in our family.
1 comment:
This sounds like our house at the moment! Those newborn cuddles sure don't last long! Those two are so lucky to have you as their mom! :)
Post a Comment