When we had our tiny kitchen in our townhouse on Norm Dr, I always lamented that I didn't have a safe place for a mini chef. In our new home, we are thrilled to have a small bar to allow space for David and I to work together in the kitchen.
David is an excellent kitchen help. He even assumes the role of a sous chef that "cleans up" after the chef. He calls me chef the whole time we work together in the kitchen, and asks that I return the favor by calling him sous chef. He is more than willing to do anything I ask him to do when he's playing the role of sous chef. This kind of contribution stretches David in his abilities, in his mind, and it gives him purpose in serving our family. David still doesn't like the texture of meat and usually resists eating it, but the chicken pillows we made together this particular evening were somehow the best thing he had ever tasted. I love to interact with my boy when he is at his best self!
No comments:
Post a Comment