Thursday, September 26, 2013

Soft

 For as cute as Alina is to look at, she's  even softer to cuddle.
 Our girl  needs help keeping her bottle down, so we feed her in small amounts (can't seem to make it past 1.75 to 2.5 oz at a time yet) and then hold her upright for 45 minutes after each feeding. This makes feeding times last for a full hour. The wee one isn't satisfied with snack size portions of formula, so she's hungry an hour after the first feeding, and sometimes hungry again an hour after the second feeding. This means the feed and cuddle upright cycle lasts 2 to 3 hours at a time. It doesn't let me get much done, but it certainly lets me get in those soft cuddles. I soak it all up.
Being her patient, calm, and agreeable self, Alina then snuggles into a  nap that lasts anywhere from 3 to 5 hours. That stretch of time is such a blessing at night time--until she wakes up for an early morning feed and has to be held upright again for 45 minutes after the feeding. Once I go back to bed, I am fully awake, and consider any sleep in the second half of my night to be just a cat nap. But again, I wouldn't trade those soft cuddles for anything! I'm glad she wakes me up to cuddle her. This little girl has absolutely stolen our hearts!

3 comments:

Lauren Hamm said...

Carmin and Sam,

Congratulations!! I am so in love with her and can't wait to meet her in person. What a perfect cuddle bug! I will stop by once you are a little more settled but cannot wait to meet your perfect little miracle!

Ioana said...

You are such an amazing mom, Carmin! Those kids are truly blessed to have you! Alina is simply adorable!

Roxie said...

I love all the posts, Carmin! Does she have acid reflux? My kids had that and Prevacid works wonders! I love all the pictures. She is such a cutie!