- We were parked next to the stall where you're supposed to return carts, so since he wouldn't have to cross any other vehicles, I asked David if he wanted to return the cart for me. Boy did he ever! He came back to the car, and this was our conversation. D: I'm so big, Mom. I returned the cart all by myself! Me: Oh, are you getting to be such a big boy!? D: Yes, when I return the cart I feel like I'm 20.
- We were at David's 4-year old checkup, and he kept interrupting while I spoke with the Doctor. I finally paused long enough to remind David that he had to wait his turn to talk to the doctor. So he waited. Very patiently he waited. When finally it was his turn, he had to say something. So this is what he came up with--in a very excited, cheery conversational voice: "Dr. Penman, I'm really looking forward to my shots today!"
- In one morning before 9:30 am, David emptied a Costco sized bottle of shampoo down the drain, unwove the lid of my 3-foot tall wicker basket (But Mom! I didn't break any of the pieces!--He was right, they were all in tact, just no longer woven together.), found out that small sticks (from said unwoven basket) work just fine if you want to pry baseboard off the wall, and dumped all of my spices in one bowl to mix them together. Dr. Penman recommended that I get him reading sight words as soon as possible to challenge this little exploring mind of his.
- In other news, our house is officially on the market. Where are we moving? Somewhere within our ward boundaries, that's for sure. The good news for selling a house right now is that the inventory on the market is low. The bad thing about looking for another house is that the inventory on the market is low. Here's a link to a virtual tour. We've had 3 showings in just the first week, and a little nibble of interest from at least one of those showings. Here's to learning how to keep an immaculate, show-ready house!! David has been a champ. When we are trying to hurry and clean up for a showing, I say, OK, David! We're going to play "Mom, what's next?" So he'll come to me and say, "Mom, what's next?" I give him a little chore to do, then he comes back and says it again. And again. And again. What a little champ.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Davidisms--Feb 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe he thinks he's already a teenager, that's why he felt like he was 20 ;)And yes, you need to get him reading -- If you want ideas, I'll have a whole list of great boy books for you when he is ready. Bob Books are a great start -- as is The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading.
Good luck with the house sale.
And one more thing: Cade was reading this blog with me and started talking to Drew about "The Carmins' Blog" We have Harmons, might as well have Carmins in the family too!
Post a Comment