Sunday, December 9, 2012

Davidisms--Dec 9

  • I woke up one night to use the bathroom, and when I came back out, David was there to greet me. He was half-asleep, but leaning against his door jam with one leg crossed over the other, and his arms folded across his chest. In a very matter-of-fact voice he said, "Mom, why does our life have to be so full of changes?" Not really a conversation I was up for at 3 am with my 3-year-old, so I told him we'd talk about it in the morning, and tucked him back in bed.
  • Tonight David was trying to convince Dad to do a chore for him that he was just asked to do. David: "Here Dad, you can put this away for me." Seeing that David had passed the buck in doing what I asked him to do, Sam just looked at him. David continued. "Come on, Dad you can serve me and go put this away." Sam was amused,  but still didn't readily agree to do David's chore, so David put his best authoritative voice on and said, "Dad! You're the Bishop! So you really need to serve me!"

No comments: