- I've picked up on a few more of David's renamings when it comes to characters: He calls them "mad guys" everyone else calls them Angry Birds. And to him it's "Cheese guy" and to everyone else, it's Sponge Bob Square Pants. He doesn't know these characters, per se, but he sees them around in stores and such. I think his re-naming game appropriately matches his paradigm.
- We showed David "The Absent Minded Professor" (think Flubber) and in the opening scene, the professor is in class and blows a trumpet which causes the glass in the classroom to break. David was deeply impressed with this. Oh, another thing is that David refers to metal and glass as both being metal. So yesterday we were watching parts of the BYU game, and the camera did a close-up of the band. David was instantly concerned. He asked "Mom, do they have any metal there?" I asked him for clarification. "Mom, will those horns break the metal at the football game?" I told him I thought everything would be okay, even if the horns played their music. David continued to reason with himself out loud, and I heard him reassure himself, "It's okay, it's not metal, it's just plastic at that game. And horns don't break plastic. They just break metal."
Sunday, November 18, 2012
Davidisms--Nov 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment