- "Mom, the only food my body wants right now is hot dogs and ice cream. All the other food will make me a very naughty boy." Lucky for all of us, pasta was on the menu--so he was agreeable after all.
- When I watched the Olympics, I thought about how the synchronized swimming is a little like what our pew looked like at church one particular week. Arms and legs shooting into the air, size 8 shoes dancing above the pews without any visible body attached, and an occasional leap up. (Except there's nothing synchronized, as I don't join him in the antics.) The poor people behind us who try to be pious while witnessing such a show. Oh, and his non-whispering voice makes it all the more exciting, "Mom!!! Stop whispering on my cheek!" I'm happy to report that since we reached that particular pinnacle of imperfection, David has greatly improved in his reverent behavior.
- "Reglier" instead of regular.
- David opened our front door the other day and in his cheeriest voice exclaimed, "What a horrible day!!" Me: Oh, it's a beautiful day! David (excitedly, cheerily): "Yes! Just horrible!" I'll correct him on his choice of words when it loses the entertainment value. Right now we like to giggle at it.
- Me: David, do you want to be a missionary someday?" David: "Yes. First a primary kid, then a missionary."
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Davidisms--September 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I would have loved to sit behind that synchronized show. . . especially if you joined in! But then again, I probably wouldn't have even noticed because of the show happening in our own row.
Post a Comment