Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pyrah's Pioneer Peak Farm 2012

 This outing is an end of the summer must-do for me. I simply must get a stash of freshly picked vegetables and allow my boy to get dirty while he sees where food comes from.
This time we were lucky to go with Lindsay and her kids--what a great outing. The gorgeous Pioneer Peak makes this farm scenery just breathtaking!
 I learned that I am a lot less exhausted coming home when the kids help pull and push the wagon, and I'm not the one dragging it through the fields by myself. David had a (very long) turn to pull the wagon, and it was hard for him to give it up. (When we are with other kids, I try to give him every opportunity I can to teach him to take turns and share. Not easy on him, but oh, so good for him!) When we finally coaxed him away from the handle and into the wagon, he was all smiles with getting a ride!
 See that cute little Madi, wanting one of David's crackers? We never go anywhere without enough snacks to share with the other kids--simply because David needs all the practice he can get. And on this particular day, he was willing to share. On his own terms such as breaking crackers in half, but willing. I'll take what I can get.
 The very next day a storm rolled in and it poured all morning long. I'm glad we went when the fields were dry, but more importantly--when the sun was shining!
Love this cute little farmer boy!

No comments: