A friend pulled into our driveway to pick up her son, and one of her tires was on our grass.
David: I don't appreciate it that you parked on our flowers!
The flowers in peril? Dandelions.
~~~~~~~~~~
David is in a phase of making up words and their meanings. Most of them are too creative to recall a second time, so I have very few examples to share. But one word he consistently uses is "shrimping, shrimped, shrimper, etc." It's usually used as a verb, and its meaning depends on the context in which it is used.
~~~~~~~~~~
With our recent progress in potty training, David has a few new vocabulary words--some of which he has made up himself. The word he decided to use for "pee" is "peep"--so that's what has stuck. I was reading him the story about Goldilocks and the Three Bears when we came to the part that said, "Goldilocks peeped into the windows." David's eyes grew huge as he incredulously asked, "Mom! Why did she do that?" The first couple of times, I tried explaining that peep has more than one meaning. But David wouldn't have it, so finally I said, "Because she was very naughty." He was satisfied with that answer, so we were eventually allowed to resume the story.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hey mom, would you please sing me the song we heard at the store today so I can dance to it?
~~~~~~~~~~
And just a picture or two for good measure--I recently found an excuse to make a cake for a 1-year old friend.
David took a special liking to the blue frosting.
~~~~~~~~~~
With our recent progress in potty training, David has a few new vocabulary words--some of which he has made up himself. The word he decided to use for "pee" is "peep"--so that's what has stuck. I was reading him the story about Goldilocks and the Three Bears when we came to the part that said, "Goldilocks peeped into the windows." David's eyes grew huge as he incredulously asked, "Mom! Why did she do that?" The first couple of times, I tried explaining that peep has more than one meaning. But David wouldn't have it, so finally I said, "Because she was very naughty." He was satisfied with that answer, so we were eventually allowed to resume the story.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hey mom, would you please sing me the song we heard at the store today so I can dance to it?
~~~~~~~~~~
And just a picture or two for good measure--I recently found an excuse to make a cake for a 1-year old friend.
David took a special liking to the blue frosting.
2 comments:
Such a fun cake!
That peeping story is SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment