Sunday, July 29, 2012

Goose Lake

We've enjoyed more sunshine this week, so we met up with our cousins at Goose Lake to cool off.
David had a few tickets from  Accountable Kids burning a hole in his pocket, so he was happy to go to the lake as a privilege! In fact, he was so excited to go play with Tyler that as we were getting ready to leave, he ran to get all of his tickets and brought them to me with giddy excitement. "Here mom, this activity is worth all of my tickets!" I giggled.

Goose Lake is only a couple miles from our house, right in the center of town. It's manmade, and just big enough for a hot afternoon. It has a nice playground, so I've only been there to play on the toys with other moms. When Lindsay said she wanted to meet at Goose Lake, it didn't dawn on me that we would be swimming--it's a good thing that boy shorts are acceptable as a swimming suit. The sun was hot (I got my first sunburn in 5 years--since we moved to AK!) but the water was cold. So the kids got cold, but the moms were hot.
 I love David and Tyler as playing buddies. He's 2 years older than David, but you wouldn't really know it. They play so well together, and Tyler's maturity (he's the oldest of 4) really rubs off onto David, and helps him to be better about sharing, etc. Tyler also introduces David to many boy-ish ways to play and have fun. I absolutely love this friendship!
 By this time, David was freezing--but he didn't want to get out of that cold lake!
 We sunned ourselves and had a snack on the blanket, then went back for more water play.
It was a perfect summer day.
Definitely worth all of those hard-earned tickets!

No comments: