Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Oh, give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion, or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys
So when, years later, my house is still-
No bitter memories its rooms may fill.

-Author unknown (to me)

Oh, how I love this little boy!
 He makes me want to be a better person every day.
Sam watched us for a few minutes while we interacted at bedtime the other night, then remarked, "David, do you know that you bring your mom complete joy?"
 I love him for it.

We came home from our date on Friday night to see that the babysitter had helped David make his first homemade card for me.

It's a real treasure! She clearly helped him--a lot--but David was so excited to give it to me when he woke up the next morning! The rolo candy that was supposed to be with it? He explained it like this:
"Wellll, Dad, I gave the candy to mom, but she really wants me to have it."

No comments: