Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snow Cone Snow

This was a fun way to use up a spring morning when our lawn was still full of snow. We were ready to play outside, but it was still too deep to play in. David ventured out to the yard, and twice he got stuck in the middle of it. When I tried to go out to rescue him, I realized that the snow was just like snow cone ice--crunchy and pebble-like. It also made me sink down with each step, so in one rescue attempt we lost three boots between the two of us.
Definitely not snow that could be played in.
So I gave David some blue water in a squirt bottle, and he had fun "painting" the snow.
He left the yard looking like a big blue snow cone.
Next time I think we'll go for the "rainbow" look.

1 comment:

Dionne said...

My first and only thought (after a smile) from reading this was, "AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GIVE HIM YELLOW!!"

:)