Sam and I recently went to a hockey game with some friends of ours--they are occasionally offered tickets by season ticket holders and we were fortunate enough to be invited to be their seat mates. We learned a few things this time--I guess it's been a while since we've been to a game. Did you know that Alaska Aces fans throw fish heads onto the ice after the first goal is made? And you're not supposed to move around (like get out of your seat or come back into the arena) while the players are in action? You wait for some kind of transition point. Who knew that hockey crowds were governed by such polite manners? Oh, and when you ring a cowbell, you're not supposed to just shake it in your lap--because then it's too loud to the ears sitting directly in front of you. You have to raise it up or shake it to the side.The highlight of my evening was probably when they asked to see my ID as we passed through the "wet" section to get to our seats. Really? I look younger than 21? I'm flattered!!!
On our recent trip through the mall to reach the bowling alley, David was really taken with the boys and girls playing hockey. Some of these kids were no older than David--although they look quite a bit older with all of their gear and pads on. David thought it was great to watch them skate around and fall down. Maybe we'll have to take him skating soon. As for signing him up for hockey lessons? Mmmm. Probably not. Sam and I looked at each other and saw dollar signs with all of the hockey gear. It's got to be one of the most expensive sports with all of that equipment. And we're not die-hards enough to invest in gear quite like that.
As far as hockey goes, we're best as fans.
4 comments:
as an added bonus, fans get to keep all their teeth! :)
Carmin! I love hockey too!!! I knew we were kindred spirits! Sorry I've been MIA in the blogging world. Love ya!
Wow! How fun! You have so many fun posts. I really admire you and what a fun-loving mom you are. Your David is a sweetheart and a lucky boy! Sounds like life is good in Alaska, hope it's warming up a little for you guys! :)
What fun! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I will definitely look into accountable kids - I'm searching for parenting peace. XOXO
Post a Comment