Sunday, September 11, 2011

Father and Son Outing

I know they don't call it that any more, but David got to go with Daddy to the ward priesthood campout. An hour before Daddy got home from work, David was packed and ready to go. We put his backpack on him, he took one step forward, then fell backwards. I tried to help him up, but he said, "I'll sit here, Mommy, then Daddy can pick me up when he comes home." Apparently he didn't want to remove the backpack, even if it was too big for him to move around.
Sam wanted to make the camping experience as simple of an experience as possible. He wanted just a sleeping bag and tent for the two of them, then planned to eat dinner before he left and the ward was providing breakfast. In the end, we talked him in to taking some food for the Daddy David duo--simply because if other people were eating around the campfire, David doesn't quite have the social skills to leave them alone while they eat and he doesn't. Thankfully, Sam conceded to take enough food, and neither of them were too hungry by the time they returned at 2:30 on Saturday. Many kudos to Daddy for taking a 2-year old camping!

I heard glowing reports of the campout--apparently David slept soundly through the night, and didn't stir until a decent morning hour. Another brother told me that David woke up refreshed, and had the world on a string.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is absolutely adorable. I'm sure he is already looking forward to next year.