Do by sewf--usually said with all caps, but I will spare my computer screen the yelling effect. He likes to walk in and out of the house, climb into the car, get dressed, wipe up spills (yeah!), put his dishes in the sink (double yeah!), get in and out of the tub . . . you name it, Mr. Independent likes to do it by himsewf. I've only drawn the line on one thing--mama gets to be the one to take the diaper on and off.
David: I WANT WATER!!!!
Mom: Can you find a nicer way to say that?
David: (candy-sweet, sing-songy, high pitched voice) Please mama, wat-uh please.
We love the double please. Sometimes it's funny to hear how he rephrases things. For example, today during church.
David: I WANT DADDY!!!
Mom: Say that nicely, please. (Didn't get a chance to mention quietly while I was at it.)
David: (In his high-pitched voice that is far from a whisper) Please, Mama. No more mama's arms please.
"right now"--I can't quite do this one justice, but this is his term when he is drawing an absolute for us. Like if he's saying he doesn't want something "No kisses right now!" or if he is demanding something "I need cheese right now!"
Sometimes David is Mr. Manners. There was a time that he said "excuse me" every time he made a noise. Or when he heard an out of place noise.
David burps. "Excuse me."
The house creaks. "Excuse me."
A rock hits the windshield. "Excuse me."
Another rock hits the windshield a minute later. "Excuse me."
He has a few unpleasantries as well. "Stop it!" "NO!" "Ahhhhhhh!" and "MINE" to name a few. What can I say? He's a well-rounded kid.
Just for good measure, here's our silly boy.
3 comments:
What a sweetie! And he sounds perfectly normal at the end. :)
Carmin, you have a talent for making wonderful posts. I love reading every one. Your little David is too cute for words! I love hearing all about his antics!
I love baby talk, and you did a great job recreating it in writing. cute, cute!
Post a Comment